Here is version 2 of Simplicity 2339, also made from Mood shirt fabric, a very pretty periwinkle-green-raspberry stripe with an even-uneven pattern. I don’t know what this fabric is called but its that classic light but crisp shirt fabric used in high end RTW shirts. The inner collar stand is a remnant of cotton lawn left over from baby clothes and I was just plain lucky that it coordinated so well with the stripe. The details are mostly in the photos, see the captions for details! The buttons come from Pam at Fashion Sewing Supply, she sells these by the scoop and the colors are really wonderful (and there are a shirts-worth of each color too) I also used her Pro-Sheer Elegance fusible interfacing.
Shirtmaking: Simplicity 2339, Version 2
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Learning from the Past November 11, 2008
- Fashion Tribes: Spring Vogue, From the Sublime to the Ridiculous April 4, 2009
- Take A Class Okay? January 15, 2010
- Holiday 2007 – Final Details December 15, 2007
- The Lost Acessory March 30, 2008
- Throw Out That Seam Ripper! January 6, 2013
- A Garment Worth Saving December 6, 2012
- Brooching A Trend November 13, 2012
- Vintage Score! Stunning Bill Blass jacket November 11, 2012
- Shirtmaking: Simplicity 2339, Version 2 October 29, 2012