This weekend old friends came for a visit, we went to see the Human Sexual Response reunion show at the House of Blues (incredible!!) and also hit The Garment District a used clothing store in Cambridge for some vintage clothes shopping, which I hadn’t done in years. I wasn’t planning on buying anything but had to poke around and as [...]
Let’s be honest - there is nothing worse in sewing than having to rip a seam right? The whole process ...
“Use it up, Wear it Out, Make it Do…or Do Without.” - Depression Era proverb ...
Brooches are a big favorite of mine and over on Une Femme d’un Certain Age there ...
Here is version 2 of Simplicity 2339, also made from Mood shirt fabric, a very pretty periwinkle-green-raspberry stripe with an even-uneven pattern. I don’t know what this fabric is called but its that classic light but crisp shirt fabric used in high end RTW shirts. The inner collar stand is a remnant of cotton lawn left [...]
Vogue 8747 is a crappy pattern. Crap. And it pains me to say that because I instantly fell in love with the style and just like in real life, falling rashly in love is not a good thing. My experience with this pattern is like your first serious relationship where you fell head over heels [...]
A few weeks ago in an email Pam mentioned a new sewing gadget, a cross hair laser attached to a lamp and it looked like a great concept, although I wasn’t keen on the fact that it has to be mounted to a table. So Google to the rescue and I found the same company [...]
Ann and I got together yesterday to finish up padding her body double. One good thing about a project like this that you learn a lot and we came up with some new ideas that I used on my form when I got home. In the original post I was not really satisfied with [...]
Ann and I got together recently to pad out my body double, which is the final step. The whole process went pretty quickly and we learned a few things that Kenneth king’s article doesn’t really mention: Fusible batting has glue on both sides so use a dry iron, no steam A silk organza press cloth [...]
- Learning from the Past November 11, 2008
- Fashion Tribes: Spring Vogue, From the Sublime to the Ridiculous April 4, 2009
- Take A Class Okay? January 15, 2010
- Holiday 2007 – Final Details December 15, 2007
- The Lost Acessory March 30, 2008
- Throw Out That Seam Ripper! January 6, 2013
- A Garment Worth Saving December 6, 2012
- Brooching A Trend November 13, 2012
- Vintage Score! Stunning Bill Blass jacket November 11, 2012
- Shirtmaking: Simplicity 2339, Version 2 October 29, 2012
- Mary Beth: Okay, I'm here to report that the tip broke off o...
- Testosterone: You had me laughing out loud!...
- Bunny: Having just finished my dress form, thank you for ...
- Karlene Robinson: Can I suggest another approach? In Lesson Nine of...
- Bill Rezey: Thank you for this great information. I have a gre...